20 facts about me – 20 Tatsachen über mich


Dear friends,


I've just published 20 facts about me on Instagram. But as I haven't got a smartphone (and I do not want one – yet) I had to split it into 5 parts. Having done so I though it might be a little unfair towards those of you who are not on Instagram. Thus: here are 20 facts you might not have known about me yet:

1- I'm Belgian (guess most of you do know by now)
2- Flemish, to be precise and that explains my first name: Marjan
3- Marjan in the Flemish version of Marie-Anne, which is French and my mum was adamant about it: no French names in our family!
4- I live in Germany but
5- my heart belongs to Scotland (Robert Burns actually wrote the poem “My Heart is in the Highlands” for me – err – JUST JOKING!)
 
Picture taken during our last visit to Scotland
  
6- Thus I'm passionate about Scotland as well as about crochet (Haha! Surprise!)
7- I'm a cat-lover (heard of Miss Moneypenny before?)
8- I've got the most wonderful husband on earth (he simply is as he's coping with me and my veeery few idiosyncrasies EVERY day)
9- I've got two sons (22 and 19 years old) and I cannot wait till they finally move out (sorry boys – just kidding!)
10- I'm a lousy housewife (too many hobbies... well just the one actually, but this one is veeery time-consuming - Ain't I right, ladies?)

Here's Moneypenny - long time no see, right?
 
11- I'm driving a fiery-red Fiat 500 sport (MY baby!!!)
12- I'd love to have an Aga and use it for cocking as well as for heating (maybe we should move to Scotland after all)
13- I studied law (didn't get a degree though) though I would have loved studying history and becoming a teacher
14- I Became a nurse instead and though I love my job it made me ill
15- I suffered a burnout-syndrom twice

My sweet little car - when it was still pretty new
 
16- I'm small (1,60cm) and my men constantly put things high on the shelves – definitely out of reach – no matter how much I complain about it.
17- German not being my mother-tongue until recently my boys had to proofread my German blogposts (BTW: they no longer do)
18- I love flowers, plants and a lovely garden but I'm still practising my green thumb (luckily I have the most wonderful husband on earth)
19- I love bits and bobs (vases, candles and candlesticks, cups, lamps, picture-frames, angels,... by preference Jugendstil or shabby-ish) and I've got plenty (thus it's pretty inconvenient being lousy housewife)
20- I listen to audio-books while doing crochet (by preference Scottish crime-novels)
 
The world's best hubby enjoying himself at the fair

  
21- My favourite furniture store is Swedish
22- ARGH! Only 20 facts allowed and I haven't even mentioned my love for the seaside, my love for dark chocolate, my favourite whisky (Laphroaig), nor the enormous amount of books, nor...

I'll keep in touch!

P.S.: Made thismobile phone case for a friend - on special request...
 



 

Liebe Freunde,


gerade eben habe ich 20 Tatsachen über mich bei Instagram veröffentlicht. Da ich über kein Smartphone verfüge (und auch keins haben will – wenigstens noch nicht) musste ich das ganze etwas umständlich in fünf Teile splitten. Und da es etwas unfair ist gegenüber diejenigen unter euch, die sich nicht auf Instagram tummeln, nun auch hier:

1- Ich bin Belgierin (aber das wusstet ihr schon, oder nicht?)
2- Genaugenommen bin ich Flämin und deshalb mit diesem Vornamen „gesegnet“: Marjan
3- Marjan ist die Flämische Version von Marie-Anne, was aber Französisch ist und obwohl der Name meiner Mutter gefiel, kam ein Französischer Name absolut nicht in Frage... Seufz...
4- Ich lebe zwar in Deutschland
5- aber das Land meiner Träume ist Schottland (Robert Burns schrieb das Gedicht „My Heart is in the Highlands“ nur für mich – äh – NUR EIN SCHERZ!)
 
Ein Foto aus unsere Schottland-Reise in 2013
 
6- Daher habe ich gleichwohl eine Leidenschaft für Schottland wie auch fürs Häkeln (na, wer hätte das gedacht?)
7- Ich bin eine wahre Katzenmutti (wer kennt noch nicht unsere Miss Moneypenny?)
8- Ich habe den wahrhaft wunderbarsten Ehemann der Welt (schließlich muss er Tag für Tag mich und meinen paar Macken ertragen)
9- Ich habe 2 Söhne (22 und 19) und ich kann es kaum erwarten, dass e endlich ausziehen ('tschuldigung, Jungs – nur ein Witz)
10- Ich bin eine erbärmliche Hausfrau (ich habe einfach zu viele Hobbys... na ja, eigentlich nur dieses eine Hobby, aber dieses ist wirklich zeitraubend - nicht wahr, werte Häkelfreundinnen?)
 
Das wächst zum Glück von allein...

  
11- Ich mache die Straßen unsicher mit meinem feuerroten Fiat 500 Sport (MEIN Baby!!!)
12- Ich hätte liebend gerne einen Aga und würde ihn sowohl zum Kochen als auch zum Heizen nutzen (vielleicht sollten wir doch nach Schottland umziehen...)
13- Ich habe Jura studiert (ohne Abschluss) obwohl ich viel lieber Geschichte studiert hätte und Lehrerin geworden wäre.
14- Dafür wurde ich Krankenschwester, einen Beruf, den ich liebe, der mich aber krank gemacht hat
15- Ich hatte 2 Burnouts

Muscheln sammeln am Strand in Blankenberge

16- Ich bin klein (1,60m) und obwohl ich mich regelmäßig beschwere, stellen meine Männer die meistens Sachen oben im Schrank, wo ich nicht dran komme
17- Deutsch ist nicht meine Muttersprache und deshalb haben meine Jungs bis vor einiger Zeit meine Blogposts Korrektur gelesen (jetzt also schon eine Weile nicht mehr – ich hoffe meine Grammatik hat noch niemand vertrieben)
18- Ich liebe Blumen, Pflanzen und einen schönen Garten, hab es aber nicht so mit dem „grünen Daumen“ (zum Glück habe ich den wundervollsten Mann der Welt!)
19- Ich liebe Krimskrams (Kerzenständer, Vasen, Engeln, Tassen, Lampen, Bilderrahmen,... am liebsten in Jugendstil oder in Shabby-chique) und habe auch reichlich (nicht gerade günstig bei einer miserablen Hausfrau)
20- Während ich häkele höre ich Hörbücher (am liebsten Schottische Krimis)

Krimskrams - sogar auf der Terrasse

21- Mein Lieblingsmöbelhaus ist Schwedisch...
22- OWEH! Nur 20 Tatsachen erlaubt, und ich habe meine Liebe fürs Meer und für Zartbitter-Schokolade noch nicht mal erwähnt, auch nicht meinen Lieblingswhisky (Laphroaig) oder meinen vielen Büchern...

Ich halte euch auf dem Laufenden!

P.S.: Diese Handyhülle machte ich für eine Freundin - ein Spezialauftrag!




Kommentare

  1. Wonderful to read this about you!
    I don't think I've ever told you, but my mother was named 'Marianne' by accident. Her mother wanted to name her 'Mary An'(English version), but her father just said 'Marjan'(Flemish version) and then they wrote down 'Marianne'(French version). :-)
    About the other facts, I agree with a lot of them: I'm also a cat-lover, a lousy housewife, crochet-lover, and keen on dark chocolate.
    Except for the whisky, I never drink alcohol.
    Anyhow, this was a lovely blogpost and I do like the phone case you've made for another Scotland-lover :-)
    Have a great day, Sigrid

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Oh dear! One could think I'm an alcoholic! I'M NOT - two sips of whisky, three gulps of wine and I'm ready for bed! Just ask my husband (he thinks that's hilarious)...
      I am happy with my name, but I would have liked it to be spelled Marianne instead of Marjan - non-Flemish-speakers tend to prononciate it - err - interesting...
      Have a lovely day,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  2. Me ha encantado conocer cosas sobre ti,tenemos gustos muy afines,gatos,chocolate negro,gatos...quizás por eso hemos coincidido al encontrarnos en nuestros blogs!!
    Muy bonita la funda de teléfono!!
    Besos.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Probablemente tienes razón, querida Pilar. Las personas con gustos similares parecen cumplir fácilmente, no importa de dónde vienen.
      Tener un día precioso,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  3. So interesting to read more about you, Marjan! Interesting to read about your passion for Scotland. I've never been there! I'm so glad you like dark chocolate! It's the best AND the healthiest! We share a passion for crochet! I'm making a bunting at the moment!
    That's a very smart phone case in a tartan design!!
    Have a wonderful day!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. If you've never been to Scotland, dear Sandra, you definitely should! I'm so happy my husband is nearly as fond of Scotland as I am, even though he doesn't speak one word of English (just German really). At least you wouldn't have any problems with the language...
      How odd, I'm planning some bunting too (after our return from Scotland though) for the balcony and the back porch. Hope you'll show us yours, when finished.
      Have a lovely day,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  4. Marjan how is your name pronounced? Mar-zan? Mar-jan? Now you have me curious. Loved all the facts about you. Especially the fancy red car! And your love of Scotland. And I burst out laughing when you said you like to crochet while listening to Scottish crime novels. It's great getting to know you a bit better!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. The Flemish pronunciation of Marjan is "Mar" (as in Ma-tador, just roll the "r" a little) and "jan" (j ist pronounced as in yes). That's why I always tell English-speakers to call me Marianne (sounds much better then Marjan really).
      Listening to audiobooks is the only way I'm able to do two things I love at the same time: Crochet and reading.
      Thank you for stopping by,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  5. Lovely mobile phone case !
    And it was nice to read 20 + facts about you !
    I haven't a smartphone (my choice), love crochet, flowers and chocolate ( any kind..i'm swiss...belgian chocolate is great too ;) 2 children and a great husband too ! Ah ! I have books everywhere... but never went to Scotland.
    Have a great day !
    Anna

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. If you haven't been to Scotland yet, dear Anna, you really should! I'm pretty hardeaded when it comes to chocolate: white isn't chocolate at all (lacks cacao) and milk simply is too sweet - but dark chocolate left and I'm always tempted to eat too much of it...
      Have a lovely day,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  6. Also mir wäre das gar nicht aufgefallen, dass Deutsch nicht deine Muttersprache ist! Dabei bin ich da sehr pingelig - gestern erst hab ich es mir wieder mal nicht verkneifen können und auf einer Zustimmung für eine Exkursion der Schule einen Grammatikfehler dick umrandet *hihi*

    LG Sandra

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Das muss ich unbedingt gleich mal meinen Jungs zeigen, die haben nämlich immer was zu Meckern!
      Danke fürs Kompliment, liebe Sandra! Am besten gelingt es mir, wenn ich einfach schreibe, denn wenn ich anfange über "dich" oder "dir" nachzudenken, treffe ich grundsätzlich die falsche Entscheidung. Seufz...
      Ich wünsche dir von Herzen ein schönes Wochenende,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  7. wie schön, ein bisschen mehr von dir zu erfahren :-)
    lg anja

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Vermutlich viel zu viel verraten, aber es hat Spaß gemacht...
      Schönes Wochenende,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  8. Marjan, it was great learning more about you! I quite enjoyed your reveal and thank you for tagging. I am going to post mine soon. Have a lovely Sunday dear friend!

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. Liebe Marjan,
    das war jetzt wirklich ganz wunderschön, mal einfach so die liebe Marjan besser kennen zu lernen! Soooooo.....toll über dich zu lesen!....und ich konnte mit Freude feststellen, das wir so einiges gemeinsam haben :-))))
    Herzensgrüassli und Drückerli
    Yvonne

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Vielen Dank, liebe Yvonne.
      Wenn man sich schon nicht "in echt" kennen lernen kann, dann wenigstens so herum!
      Fühle dich gedrückt,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  10. Marjan, you are such an interesting person - No wonder you had more to go after 20 facts! Moneypenny is getting so big. Has she grown out of being a troublemaker yet?
    I have to admit that I only knew the pronunciation of your name because I looked it up long ago... And I still can't pronounce it correctly with my American tongue.
    Have a lovely week!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Nope - Moneypenny still is a troublemaker. Just imagine what she's up to now as she's allowed wonder about the garden... She caught her first mouse only yesterdsay! And she most definitely is the only cat we've got who's keen on climbing onto the roof... Sigh...
      But when we were able to lure he back inside in the evening, she needs her cuddles and her half-an-hour in bed with us just as she did when she was tiny... She's fun, adorable and affectionate and we're glad she's around (hope the boys will take good care of her these 12 days!!!!)
      Have a great day,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  11. Hi, Marjan,
    So nice to "meet" you and find out some things that make you YOU! You made lovely things, something I strive to do. I love dogs and cats; but have just one of each now. My cat is named Cree and she looks like a Siamese in color but is tabby and Siamese mix that I rescued about 6-8 weeks after birth to a feral mother (she was the tabby). Cree is 20 yrs. old. Barney is a labradoodle. We adopted him from the Humane Society after he was rescued from a bad situation. He's shy and skittish around most people & acts like he was mistreated before we got him. I love crochet and knitting. I have several bookcases of books, lots of collector plates of wolves and other animals, and various and sundry other knick knacks, but hate to dust very often; minimal housework... just enough to manage the household and keep my projects from overflowing the whole house. I, too, listen to books on tape while crocheting or knitting. But my chocolate must have almonds, pecans, or walnuts in it or I don't eat it. Strange, right? Anyway, thank you for your inspiration and lovely creations and for sharing your time with us here.

    AntwortenLöschen
  12. Hello Marjan, what a lovely blog! I love the things you make and have taken some inspiration for my own projects.
    It's great to see that you like Scotland. I spent most of my life there, just moved back to Germany last year to be near my parents in case they need some help as they are in their 80s.
    I'm also a lousy housewife. And I love cats. I can't stop looking at Moneypenny ❤
    I have been thinking about starting a crochet related blog. Maybe I will get around to it soon.
    It's nice to know you're here. Maybe we can meet one day (I'm in Viersen, NRW)
    Sabi.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Hi Sabina!
      My parents both turning 70 last year, I think it will get more and more difficult to actually move to Scotland, until even we will be too old to do so. On the other hand: Life is not a dress rehearsal - so, I'll keep on dreaming, and until then, there still is crochet ;-)
      Let me know when you do start your crochet blog! And yes, maybe we could meet one day. Viersen is not that far away from where I live (only 120km) and we drive by on our way to Scotland every year (A61 towards Venlo, and to Ijmiuden from there on)...
      Have a lovely day,
      Marjan

      Löschen

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Beliebte Posts